Having your notifications and load alerts correctly set up will help the system match suitable loads to your vehicle based on your chosen radius in which you’re willing to accept bookings.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Setting up notifications and load alerts
- How to change your home location
- What to do if you’re not receiving alerts or notifications
Setting up notifications and load alerts
We use your live location for load matching and tracking purposes. Let’s take a look at how you can set up your notifications and alerts on desktop and the mobile app to maximise your load quoting opportunities.
There are 3 types of notifications you receive from the Exchange:
1. Home location
2. Return journey
3. And location-based
Mobile app notifications
The notifications you receive on your mobile app are known as “Load Alerts”.
For the location-based notifications to work, you must enable load alerts and tracking on your mobile app as all times. Here’s how to do this:
Step 1) Open your mobile app and tap the drop-down menu on the top left of the screen.
Step 2) Tap on ‘Settings’.
Step 3) Where it says ‘Push Notifications’, tap on ‘Load Alerts’ to enable load notifications on your phone.
How to change your home location
Step 1) Click on the drop-down menu and go to ‘Notifications’.
Step 2) Enter either the town name or postcode of your home location and choose the radius you would like to receive notifications in.
Step 3) The maximum vehicle size is determined by your registered vehicle and cannot be manually edited.
If you’re prepared to quote for loads using smaller vehicles, you can change it here:
When you’re outside of your set radius, you will automatically stop receiving home notifications. To override this setting, check this box:
Step 4) The email address on this page is used for receiving booking confirmations. If you’d also like to receive load alerts by email, you can manually opt-in for this.
What to do if you’re not receiving alerts or notifications
For tracking notifications to work, your vehicle must be tracked by the Exchange either through your mobile app or a Telematics Integration.
Make sure that both ‘Notify when Tracked’ and ‘Load Alerts’ are enabled in your settings and that you’ve enabled the app to use your GPS location.
The type of load alerts you receive are based on your vehicle size or type and how close you are to the pickup address. In some cases, the load poster may only want to send notifications to drivers who are close by, due to the urgency of the load.
You should also:
- Ensure that you have a clear signal and are receiving notifications from other sources (Google Maps, Waze, Facebook).
- Try logging out and back in again, then changingyour availability status.
- Checkthat your email notifications aren’t landing up in spam or junk.
- Load Alerts via the app - Keep in mind that when a load is sold, it gets removed from the alerts feed on refresh. Sometimes loads sell very fast on the Exchange, so check to see if you are receiving the notifications in your email. If they appear in your email and not the app, it's likely that the loads have already been sold.
If you’ve done all this and you still aren’t receiving notifications, it could be that there is no available work in the immediate area at that given time.
The notification radius for each load is selected by the load poster and ranges from 5 miles to 30 miles.
If you're aware of a load in the area and you aren’t receiving a notification for it, there can be several reasons:
- Incorrect vehicle type/size (it isn't well-suited for the load)
- Location (you are outside the radius selected by the load poster)