For you to receive load notifications for your fleet, you must ensure that GPS tracking is turned on.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to enable GPS tracking
Before you can receive load alerts, you need to check that your phone’s settings are allowing the Exchange to track your location using the CX Fleet app.
Here’s how to do that on iOS and Android:
Step 1) Go to your phone settings.
Step 2) Find the CX Driver app in the list and tap on it.
Step 3) Tap on ‘Location’ on iOS and ‘Permissions’ on Android.
Step 4) Under where it says, ‘Allow Location Access’ on iOS, select ‘Always’. On Android, where it says, ‘Location’, switch it on.
Top Tip: We recommend keeping this location tracking permission on at all times so you can still receive load alerts even if you accidentally close the application without knowing it.
How to enable load alerts
Step 1) Log in to the CX Fleet app.
Step 2) Make sure your GPS tracking is enabled.
Step 3) Open the drop-down menu on the left of the screen and tap on ‘Settings’.
Step 4) Under ‘Notifications Setting’, make sure ‘Notify when tracked’ is enabled. Under ‘Push Notifications’, tap on ‘Load Alerts’.
Step 5) Make sure ‘Allow Notification’ is enabled and under where it says, ‘When the App is running’, make sure ‘Show banners’ is enabled too. If you want the alerts to make a sound, enable ‘Allow sounds’.
All applications on your mobile phone send you notifications in the form of banner alerts. When the Exchange notifies you of newly posted loads, you’ll be notified in this very same way. You’ll see a banner appear at the top of your mobile phone.
What to do if you aren’t receiving load alerts
The type of load alerts you receive are based on your vehicle size or type and how close you are to the pickup address. In some cases, the load poster may only want to send notifications to drivers who are close by, due to the urgency of the load.
Before raising a support ticket, please check the following:
- Ensure that you have a clear signal and are receiving notifications from other sources (Google Maps, Waze, Facebook).
- Try logging out and back in again, then changing your availability status.
- Keep in mind that when a load is sold, it gets removed from the alerts feed on the mobile app if you refresh. Sometimes loads sell very fast on the Exchange, so check to see if you are receiving the notifications via email if you’ve opted-in for these. If they appear in your email and not the app, it's likely that the loads have already been sold.
If you’ve tried all this and you still aren’t receiving notifications, it could be that there is no available work in the immediate area at that given time.
The notification radius for each load is selected by the load poster and ranges from 5 miles to 30 miles.
If you're aware of a load in the area and you aren’t receiving a notification for it, there can be several reasons:
- Incorrect vehicle type/size (it isn't well-suited for the load)
- Location (you are outside the radius selected by the load poster)