This article outlines our policy on additional charges and damaged goods.
IN THIS ARTICLE
You may encounter unexpected delays during a booking. This could be anything from waiting times at a pickup or drop off point, loading/unloading delays or cancellations. These are scenarios you can't control.
You do, however, have control over what charges to expect during a booking. We encourage our members to take the following into account before placing quotes on loads:
- Congestion charges
- ULEZ charges
In some instances, members may feel entitled to add additional charges to the member they've completed the load for. Our policy exists to ensure there is no misuse of the system.
- All delays during pickup or drop off should be communicated to the member you are completing the load for. As a professional courtesy, we recommend that you do not apply any additional charges for the first 30 minutes of waiting time.
- Any agreements made between the two parties for additional charges should be confirmed in writing, either on the load notes, in an email or a text.
- Transport Exchange Group does not mediate over additional charge disputes. The agreed price for the load is a fixed contract between the two parties. Any additional charge disputes would need to be resolved in small claims court.
Load cancellations happen sometimes. People's situations change or there has been a sudden turn of events. If this happens, we encourage our members to keep the following in mind:
- Cancellation charges cannot be applied if cancellation was made within a reasonable time of the booking confirmation being received, or if the pickup is scheduled for a future date. Every cancellation should be looked at on its own merits and members should come to an amicable arrangement if possible.
- Any agreements made between the two parties for cancellation charges should be confirmed in writing, either on the load notes, in an email or a text.
- Transport Exchange Group will not mediate over cancellation charge disputes. The agreed price for the load is a fixed contract between the two parties. Any additional charge disputes would need to be resolved in small claims court.
Transport Exchange Group does not take any legal responsibility for damaged goods. All members moving loads on the platform are required to have valid Goods in Transit insurance with a minimum cover of £5000.
In the event that the goods are damaged in transit, both members must exchange their insurance policy information and claims must be made through their insurance providers.