The objective of this policy is to establish anti-fraud working practices and business ethics on the Exchange. The fight against fraud is endorsed and supported at the most senior level, and all of our employees will implement a zero-tolerance policy towards fraudulent behaviour on our platform.
The scope of this policy
This fraud policy applies to any fraud or irregularity (actual or suspected) involving members (owner drivers, freight forwarders, suppliers, subcontractors) and any other entities conducting business on the Exchange.
If we identify fraud, we will take the required action. This includes a warning system that could lead to possible suspension or membership revocation. Where relevant, we will alert the appropriate authority and assist with further investigation.
Fraud definition and policy
Fraud is the term used to describe acts such as theft, deception, bribery, forgery, corruption, false accounting, and conspiracy to commit these offences.
On the Exchange, fraud can be defined as the use of deception with the intention of obtaining an advantage, avoiding an obligation or causing loss to another party.
Specific to the Exchange, fraudulent activities may manifest as:
- Providing or uploading forged or counterfeit or falsified insurance documents
Providing or uploading forged POD documents/signatures
- Falsely claiming VAT
- Posting false ‘fake’ loads
- Reselling loads
- Submitting invoices for work not completed
- Embellishing charges for services that were not delivered or did not occur (example: waiting time/handball)
- Using a false identity to circumvent our checks and balances
- Impersonating another member to defame them or obtain a competitive advantage
- Providing false information to obtain work that you are unqualified to receive (example: ADR)
- Phishing and other forms of identity theft
- Cancelling insurance policies after you have been through our setup and onboarding processes
Note: The compilation of this list is ongoing and will be under constant review. We recommend checking this page for updates regularly.
Please note: We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to acknowledge such changes, as they are legally binding. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our platform.