Our Exchange is a trade-only platform to be used exclusively by transport and logistics businesses. To join our trading community, you must be either a courier, haulier, 3PL or other LSP (Logistics Service Provider). Businesses who are looking to arrange the transportation of their own goods are referred to as direct stakeholders or, more commonly, end users.
How we define an ‘end user’
An end user on the Exchange is a person who owns goods/ manufactures goods at various stages of the supply chain. An individual or company that produces goods or services (other than logistics) as their primary source of income would also fall into this definition.
Due to the nature of Haulage, there is a grey area where end users can have the appropriate vehicles, insurances, and Operators License Numbers to participate on our platform whilst still operating within our rules. For this reason, we have two separate end user policies for CX and HX.
CX End User Policy
We will only allow courier companies with the intent of providing logistics services exclusively on to our platform. If you are thinking of starting a courier company, you must have done so at the point of entry. If it is your sole business entity, this can be in process at the time of joining.
We will not permit businesses looking to start a courier branch purely to find backloads access to our platform. The same applies to ‘Moonlighters’ looking for opportunities to eliminate dead mileage.
CX end user criteria:
- All vehicles that are used must be solely for the transport of goods. If possible, please cover any livery for the duration of your trade on the Exchange.
- All insurances must carry the name of the transport entity as well as the SIC code on Companies House reflecting transport-related activity as the primary nature of the business i.e., “49410 – Freight transport by road” or similar.
- If your business has multiple aspects, of which one is courier work, you can join the Exchange but only if the courier branch has been in operation for a minimum of 6 months. You will be asked to provide 6 months of evidence of outbound courier work, and backloads won’t be considered.
We will consider accepting applicants who are closing one trading entity and moving to a new trading entity due to circumstances. For example, an events company with vehicles that has no current work but looking to close the previous company to start a new venture.
HX End User Policy
You must have an Operator’s License to become a member of Haulage Exchange. End users can have the appropriate vehicles, insurances, and Operators License Numbers to participate on our platform whilst still operating within our rules.
Please be aware that any end user permitted to use our services on Haulage Exchange will be restricted from posting loads even if it not obvious on the platform. These restrictions are in place to ensure the marketplace is kept fair and safe.
End user restrictions as a haulage member:
- Members must have a logistical branch in their operations to join and will only be allowed to find backloads.
- Members will not be permitted to post loads under any circumstance.
If we find that you are breaching any of the above policies or you are circumventing the Exchange to arrange the transportation of your own goods, we reserve the right to revoke your membership.