This past year has had a significant impact on our lives and our ways of working. At this point of the pandemic, we must continue to follow government guidelines to protect ourselves, our loved ones and the Exchange trading community. Accordingly, we have put together an updated set of guidelines to ensure we all continue to conduct business kindly and safely during this time.
For load posters:
- If you are posting sub-contract work on the Exchange, please pay your suppliers on time. If you can pay them earlier, aim to do so – the future of our industry depends upon the health and survival of suppliers.
- Given the inevitable cash flow crunch on the broader economy, please be vigilant about the credit terms you extend to your end customers on the Exchange.
- Aim to go completely digital with your workflow and POD processes. Now's the time and the opportunity to ask your customers to submit their invoices and PODs digitally. Going digital increases the overall efficiency of the supply chain, ensuring quicker payments and reduced costs for everyone. In addition, you are reducing the risk of spreading the virus by eliminating the use of pen and paper between members during a busy workday.
- Please ensure you have PPE on you at all times. We recommend face masks, protective visors, disposable gloves and anti-bacterial hand gel at a minimum for your protection.
- Where possible, reduce the handling of a pen, paper or devices between you and others on the job.
- If signatures are declined, double-check the members proof of delivery requirements as a photo that includes the end-user with the goods may suffice.
- Adhere to all special instructions given to you by the load poster regardingCOVID-19 safety. Businesses are all operating in different ways, and you must respect your customer's wishes and clients.