In this article, you'll learn:
How to edit my profile on Trustd
If you’re a Trustd member, you can now only edit your Exchange profile on Trustd. Any changes you make on Trustd will automatically show up on your Exchange profile.
Here’s how to edit your profile:
- On the Exchange homepage, click the top right-hand icon (the one with three lines) to open your Company Profile tab. From there, you can access your Trustd profile.
- Log in to your Trustd account. Then click on Edit Profile.
- Edit your profile on Trustd – including updating company details, vehicle details and documentation. The changes you make will automatically update on The Exchange.
For more information on Trustd, please click here.
How to edit my profile on The Exchange
If you're not yet a Trustd member, here's how to edit your profile on The Exchange.
1. Click on the settings button. It's the little wheel on the top right-hand corner of your Exchange screen. This will take you to your profile page.
2. You can edit your company profile, personal profile, add or remove users/ company drivers and upload any business documents from this menu.
If you need to change anything else on your profile, our customer support team will need to approve specific changes to a profile (post-onboarding). Once they have been cross-checked and approved by our team, we can make these changes visible to other members.
Before submitting a profile change request, we recommend reading this article to ensure you have all the documents required and ready to be sent to us.
With any profile change request, it is vital to upload:
- Latest vehicle insurance
- Goods in transit insurance (including CMR if applicable for European loads) and
- Operator’s licence (Haulage Exchange members only).
We will decline requests that haven’t met the above requirements. Please check your details are up to date and relevant to your request.
IN THIS SECTION:
- Changing address
- Changing company name
- VAT (value-added tax)
- Operator’s license
- Main contact change
- Trading name
- Speciality services
To ensure the latest physical locations of our drivers and companies, we require proof of address. The address itself must be physical, we do not accept PO BOX or virtual addresses (redirect addresses). We will only accept a virtual address with the acknowledgement you will not be permitted to post work on the platform.If you are changing your address for a limited company, please ensure your address matches with the one registered on the Exchange, VAT (if applicable) and Companies House.
For an address to be changed on your profile, we require two letters dated within three months confirming the company/individual is based at the new address.
Types of letters we accept:
- Gas/Electric/Water Bill
- Council Tax Bill
- Bank Account Letter or Statement
- Rental or Lease Agreement
- Home Buildings or Contents Insurance
- Virgin subscription
- Credit Card Letter or Statement
- GIT/VI Insurance
- For HX Members, we can go by the Operators Licences Address
- Letter from an accountant with permission to use accountant’s address on the Exchange matched to Companies House (If applicable)
Changing company name
A company name must match all other sections on a member’s profile, including:
- Insurance documents
- VAT number
- Company registration number
- If you are a sole trader, your name or company name will be sufficient.
- If you are a limited company, the insurance documents can include a director’s name and or company name. Please ensure your address on the Exchange matches with Companies House and your VAT (if applicable). Furthermore, it is vital you enter your company registration number onto your profile.
- If the address on Companies House does not match the one provided on the Exchange, please add the correct address on your profile and provide two proofs of address when requested.
- If your company is not visible on Companies House, you can order a certification that can be posted to you.
You cannot change a pre-approved limited company name to another limited company name if under a new registration number. This would be seen as another entity on the Exchange requiring onboarding checks and a new sale and membership ID.
ABC Limited (Registration number 123456) cannot be changed to ABCD Limited (Registration number 654321).
ABC Limited (Registration number 123456) can be changed to ABCD limited (Registration number 123456)
VAT (Valued-added tax)
Your name or company details on your profile must match with the official VAT registration database. You will not be able to charge VAT on invoices raised on the Exchange until this has been approved. To avoid any delay in payment please ensure you have cross-referenced details before updating your profile.
Operator’s license (heavy goods vehicle license)
You will need to upload a goods vehicle operator’s licence if your business uses goods vehicles above a certain weight. Please upload an operator’s license which matches your company name and or the account owner name registered on your Starter or Company subscriptions. Please upload the license to the “business documents” section of your profile.
Main contact change
The primary contact you provide on your profile is considered the main administrator of your membership, and we must validate this correctly.
You will not be permitted to change the name on any ‘Starter’ subscriptions. If a new individual would like to join the platform, they must purchase their membership.
On our Exchange, the user who completed the onboarding process and compliance checks is the sole owner of the account. If a second person needs access to the account, we recommend upgrading to one of our company packages.
For company subscriptions that require a name change: please provide us with a letter from the company director that is signed and dated and includes reasons for the change. We will consider alternative options in certain circumstances if you cannot provide a letter from the director.
Trading name (not business name)
You can choose any trading name you like so long as it isn’t already in use by another member on the platform. You will not be permitted to use a second limited company name as a ‘trading name’ if you have been approved under your ‘business name’.
What is required?
More than one person required for the job
Any subscription above a Starter
Member can work anytime during the day
Member is certified for carrying dangerous and hazardous goods
DGSA Qualified (Dangerous goods safety adviser)
A Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor is a consultant, owner, or employee of an organisation appointed by an organisation that transports, loads, or unloads dangerous goods in the European Union and other countries.
The responsibilities of the DGSA include:
Monitoring compliance by checking the requirements governing the carriage of dangerous goods. Advising undertakings on the carriage of dangerous goods. Preparing an annual performance report.
(Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme)
This certificate includes demonstrating dedication to driver and vehicle safety, combined with improving operating practices through effective fuel and tyre usage monitoring.
FORS Bronze Certificate
FORS Silver Certificate
FORS Gold Certificate
GOH – Hanging Garment Transportation
The carriage of hanging garments.
Temperature controlled vehicles to transport food.
Temperature controlled certified and or on insurance documents.
To remove goods such as furniture and carry to other destinations.
The carriage of waste
WEEE (Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
To carry electrical goods that require recycling or removal.
Extension to Waste certificate for WEEE
Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
Compliant in custom regulation
AEO or EORI certificate/number?
For members to carry to loads throughout Europe
Addition to Goods in Transit insurance
Please note, once you become Trustd, you will no longer be able to edit your profile on The Exchange.