You need to enable GPS tracking on your mobile phone so the Exchange can send you alerts for load opportunities.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to enable GPS tracking
Before you can receive load alerts, you need to check that your phone’s settings are allowing the Exchange to track your location using the CX Driver app.
Here’s how to do that on iOS and Android devices:
Step 1) Go to your phone settings.
Step 2) Find the CX Driver app in the list and tap on it.
Step 3) Tap on ‘Location’ if you’re using iOS and ‘Permissions’ if you’re using Android.
Step 4) Select ‘Always’ for iOS and switch ‘Location’ on for Android.
Top Tip: We recommend setting this to ‘Always’ on iOS and keeping the ‘Location’ turned on for Android so you can still receive load alerts even if you accidentally close the application without knowing it.
How to enable load alerts
Step 1) Open the app and tap the drop-down on the top left of the screen.
Step 2) Tap on ‘Settings’.
Step 3) Where it says ‘Push Notifications’, tap on ‘Load Alerts’ to enable load notifications on your phone.
What to do if you aren’t receiving load alerts
The type of load alerts you receive are based on your vehicle size or type and how close you are to the pickup address. In some cases, the load poster may only want to send notifications to drivers who are close by, due to the urgency of the load.
Before raising a support ticket, please check the following:
- Ensure that you have a clear signal and are receiving notifications from other sources (Google Maps, Waze, Facebook).
- Try logging out and back in again, then changing your availability status.
- Keep in mind that when a load is sold, it gets removed from the alerts feed onthe mobile app if you Sometimes loads sell very fast on the Exchange, so check to see if you are receiving the notifications via email if you’ve opted-in for these. If they appear in your email and not the app, it's likely that the loads have already been sold.
If you’ve tried all this and you still aren’t receiving notifications, it could be that there is no available work in the immediate area at that given time.
The notification radius for each load is selected by the load poster and ranges from 5 miles to 30 miles.
If you're aware of a load in the area and you aren’t receiving a notification for it, there can be several reasons:
- Incorrect vehicle type/size (it isn't well-suited for the load)
- Location (you are outside the radius selected by the load poster)
Article is closed for comments.