We pride ourselves in making the Exchange a safe trading platform for our community to find new business opportunities and grow their professional network. If at any time, an Exchange member or member of our staff is subjected to threatening or anti-social behaviour, they must report it immediately.
Verbal abuse with members, customers or Exchange staff
Verbal abuse on the Exchange is not considered blaspheming, cursing, profanities or using bad language in general. Verbal abuse is more serious as it’s a personal attack on another member that can affect their sense of peace and psychological wellbeing.
Here are 2 examples of verbal abuse:
1) Gaslighting (Psychological manipulation)
In this instance, the abuser is trying to control the victim’s sense of reality by manipulating them to doubt their own sanity. They may be trying to convince the victim that certain events or incidents did not occur or trying to sway facts to their own advantage.
Gaslighting is dangerous because the victim may give in to this type of psychological manipulation and accept the abuser’s version of events without being aware.
2) Threats and intimidation
If another member ever threatens you with physical violence, public humiliation, holding your goods for ransom, or even threatens to hurt themselves and hold you accountable, you must report this immediately with evidence provided.
- Sexual harassment with members, customers or Exchange staff;
- Holding goods for ransom;
- Arriving intoxicated on-site of pickup/delivery.
Threatening to defame or take action to discredit another member or our Exchange:
Actions could include but are not limited to:
- Threatening or knowingly posting fabricated or false loads to the Exchange with the intent of non-payment or to bring discredit to the Exchange and our reputation;
- Threatening or actively making false claims on social media platforms;
- Deliberately submitting false complaints against a member;
- Contact with intimidation or harassment as intent (phone, email, or otherwise).
How we enforce this policy:
Any of these behaviours are intolerable and warrant immediate suspension or membership revocation upon presenting us with evidence.