This is considered behaviour that manipulates our platform for personal gain to the disadvantage of other members. This includes but is not limited to:
Unsolicited mass marketing using our directory
- First offence – Warning
Spamming contacts in our platform directory with sales emails, advertisements, or any kind of intent to sell a product or service falls under platform exploitation. We have the right to impose a warning on your account.
- Repeated offence – Membership revocation (lifetime ban)
If this pattern of behaviour continues despite already receiving a warning from our Exchange team, we have the right to revoke membership without the ability to rejoin.
Reposting loads to other freight exchanges
- First offence – 1-month suspension and final warning of membership revocation
This is considered a serious form of platform exploitation. If we become aware of this happening, we have the right to action an immediate 1-month suspension and impose a final warning about membership revocation if the offence is repeated.
- Repeated offence – Membership revocation (valid 1 year)
If a member has been suspended and given a warning about membership revocation, but if the behaviour persists, we have the right to revoke membership for 1 year.
Influencing members to join a competitor freight exchange platform
- First offence – Immediate suspension with potential to revoke membership
If we’re presented with evidence from social media, WhatsApp, emails or text messages proving that a member is enticing other members to join a similar service or competitor freight exchange, we have the right to suspend that account immediately. Depending on the severity of the action, we also have the right to revoke membership.
Accepting loads on the Exchange and outsourcing the completion of work
- First offence – 1-month suspension and final warning for revocation
If we’re presented with evidence of a member accepting loads on our Exchange platform and reposting it to our load board or channels (diary evidence, screenshots from social media or other channels), we have the right to action an immediate 1-month suspension on the account and impose a membership revocation warning.
Excessive/Suspicious Activity within the Directory:
- First Offence: Where we see an account accessing the 'View Email' feature of the directory beyond what we determine as an acceptable threshold (example: 300+ times in 2 weeks) we reserve the right to investigate and if need be temporarily suspend access until we can assess the legitimate purpose behind this activity. In most cases, a warning can be issued against continued abuse.
- Repeated Offence: If it is determined that there is a risk to our members' data or that our previous warnings have been ignored, we reserve the right to suspend or revoke the account.
We will conduct all investigations on a case-by-case basis. Transport Exchange Group reserve the right to apply the outlined actions at its discretion based on each set of circumstances.
Article is closed for comments.